Can you imagine a world without chocolate? No? But will it always be available and what are the challenges the makers face today? And did you know, just like wine, the taste of your chocolate varies depending on where the cocoa comes from? You can learn about all of this at Chocolate Festival. Chocoa Festival is the place where you learn the process from bean to bar, discover the wide variety of flavours in good cocoa and better chocolate, taste many food pairings while being guided by your favourite chocolate makers.
A two day Chocolate Festival in the heart of Amsterdam! Tasting, enjoying and discovering new flavours with wine, coffee and craft beer at the more than 85 stands. Take a journey through the cocoa chain and learn how chocolate is being made from bean to bar. A full day programme of tastings and presentations given by experts.
Learn everything you have ever wanted to know about the magical world of chocolate:
* Meet the renowned chocolate makers and experts
* Experience sustainable chocolate at a beautiful location in Amsterdam
* Taste many chocolates by top patissiers and chocolatiers
* Check out live to see Cooking Shows with chocolate by Bakery Institute
* Bring your children along to the Kids Corner where they can make their own chocolate bar in a workshop, listen to storytelling and do some fun chocolate painting!
* Combine liquor and food pairings with chocolate in a tasting
* Understand developments of sustainable production
* Learn about the cocoa chain; from tree to bar
* See the trends and developments in chocolate
* Join the debate on sustainable cocoa and chocolate (Saturday)
De Grote Chocoladewijzer (Saturday 23rd February 11:00-11:45)
Sustainability of the Dutch cocoa sector
The stakeholders in the Dutch cocoa sector signed a letter of intent in 2009 to sell fully 100% sustainable chocolate on the Dutch market by 2025. But what is the current state of affairs in the sustainability of the Dutch cocoa and chocolate sector after 10 years? Will the target of 100% be achieved? What roles do governments, companies, NGOs and consumers play? And what is actually the definition of sustainable chocolate? Is this the correct definition? Representatives of these different stakeholders will talk about what they are doing and discuss what needs to be changed to meet the target. The consumer debate will be in Dutch only.
Hot Chocolate Awards
For the second time, six chocolatemakers will be competing, this time for the title “Best Hot Chocolate of the Netherlands 2019”. During Chocoa 2018, the public and the board of judges voted, with Macao Movement winning the title of “Best Hot Chocolate of the Netherlands 2018”. Thank you all for tasting and voting during the Awards! Click here for a video featuring the Hot Chocolate Awards
Check out our full overview of 2019 Festival exhibitors here!
Follow us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates and inspiration.